Containerized Gen-sets on flare gas
recovery in Venezuela
- Better use of natural resources
- Lower transmission and distribution energy losses
- Lower initial cost because the modular plants can be re-sized as demand grows
- Provides a reliable, long-lasting power supply
- Provides greater control and improved energy cost forecast
- Improves stability of the electrical network voltage
- Increases contingency reserves
The main economic resource in the Anzoategui area of Venezuela is oil and gas production.
Associated gas from crude oil provides abundant energy. Large quantities of oil are extracted, and
the associated petroleum gas (APG) can be used as a fuel for power generation, instead of being
flared into the atmosphere (as it previously was).
Guascor Energy is providing gen-sets, voltage transformers, MT transfer switches, PLC controls,
installation materials and equipment, basic engineering, and spare parts for this project over a
phased period of time.
150 containerized gen-sets with G-56SL engines have been installed in three locations in the state
of Anzoategui, Venezuela. The units are located in Bare, Merey and Tejero and have been configured
to use venting gas that is extracted from nearby oil wells.
• Bare: 40 units giving a power output of 30 MWe
• Merey: 40 units giving a power output of 30 MWe
• Tejero: 70 units giving a power output of 52.5 MWe
• Total power output installed: 112.5 MW
Guascor Energy is a leading company with more than 55 years of experience in the design and manufacture of diesel and gas internal combustion engines with its own technology. The company offers some of the most efficient and
environmentally friendly technology platforms, products and services in distributed power
generation for oil and gas, industrial, institutional, commercial clients and rural electrification programs.
In addition, our offer is completed by a range of diesel engines for marine applications for both propulsion and on-board generation. A complete product range which meets the strictest regulatory and safety requirements always adapting to the customer´s needs. Guascor Energy has a network of more than 50 distributors and partners worldwide, which in addition to our own staff, allows us to provide unparalleled proximity and respond to the specific needs of each of our customers at a fast and personalized pace.